Now, once you've decided to go ahead and download a torrent, are you done? No. You have to have a BitTorrent client to use the torrent and complete the download. Basically, a torrent is a shortcut telling the BitTorrent client where to download the files from. Now, some people use BitTorrent for piracy, and they infringe on copyrights. This is ill-advised. The sites above, are not mine, and I did not post any music on the internet.
If you don't have a BitTorrent client, I recommend uTorrent. I use it, and it's a very quick, small-sized client. And, one more little trick to boost your download speeds:
- Open the torrent with uTorrent
- Let uTorrent assign you "seeders"
- Click the "Trackers" tab at the bottom
- Right-click one of the web addresses and click "Add Tracker"
- Erase all but one address, but then add a random number in the address somewhere
- This will make uTorrent not find the tracker, hopefully boosting your down speed
I use this trick all the time, and with my phone tethering, I can get about 500kb/s. So, in closing, if you aren't a fan of indie, I'm sorry. But hey, you never know, you may find something that tickles your fancy. And if you do like indie, I hope you enjoy checking these places out for some new toonskies.
Please, share where you get ideas for your new music in the comments!